Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Welcome to 2015!

Hello!  Welcome to my new blog for 2015!  My name is Pinky Jane and I am glad you stopped by!  I have quite a story to share, and we will get to that over the next few posts.  But for now if you have any questions, you are welcome to browse the archived blogs from last year.

To bring you up to speed for this year's project, I will just talk about what has already occurred this school year and what is to come over the next month or so.

I try to get as much rest as I can so I can have all
my babies grow to be healthy when they are born.


I am a 2 year old Yorkshire Sow who lives most of the time at East High School in Cheyenne, WY.  I am the star of one of the major projects that the agriculture and FFA students work on at the school.  Every year the class learns about the reproduction system of pigs by completing a hands-on project with me.  In the fall, Mikayla (my owner, I'll tell you more about her in  a little bit) and Mr. Allen (the Ag Instructor) Artificially Inseminate me as a class demonstration.  This year it was a little difficult as I did not become pregnant the first round, so we had to do it again.  On October 31 (yes, Halloween) I was successfully bred to a boar named "Closet Monster."  He currently lives in Iowa.

Fast-forward a few months, and we find ourselves here, about a month away from me giving birth (farrowing) to my piglets.  I am really excited to meet all of them and I am excited for you to as well.

Now the main reason for having this blog is so the agriculture students can teach anyone who is interested about everything pigs.  We will talk about a little of everything concerning the swine industry over the next few months, so I hope you will all tune in regularly!  I better go get some rest for now, but I hope to see you all soon!

Don't forget to log into my webcam to watch me live - 24 hours a day!

*Pinks

No comments:

Post a Comment